Third-party sensor manufacturer, Dexter Industries, has produced a small printed circuit board with sockets for sensors and motors to allow LEGO NXT (and some EV3) parts to operate using the increasingly popular and affordable Raspberry Pi credit card-sized motherboard.
Windows 10 IoT Core is a version of Windows 10 that is optimised for smaller devices with or without a display, and that runs on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Arrow Dragon Board 410c & Minnow Board MAX. Windows 10 IoT Core utilizes the rich, extensible Universal Windows Platform (UWP) API for building great solutions.
All 3D printers have an embedded USB-TTL converter, such as FT232, CP2102, CH340. Now you want to control your printer over WiFi. Great, you can now plug in 3DESP and communicate over telnet. You might consider
1. Hacking the board and add an ESP8266 module to any one of TXRX. But chances are that you use an OEM machine and you don’t want to void warranty.
2. Buying another 32-bit board which already has a socket of ESP-8266. Yet they are too expensive and you dont’ want to set everything again.
But I won’t. All you need to configure 3DESP is to compile and upload different versions according to your USB-TTL converter. After all, we can’t compile all drivers in one chip, right?
Taken from “2001 A Space Odyssey”
Monitoring system that will be able to cover following use cases:
- Monitoring of the vibration level and other physical properties in the factory facilities.
- Processing of collected telemetry with various alerting rules based on zone type:
work space, meeting and server rooms.
- Distribution of collected alarms to assigned facility managers.
- Visualization of real-time and historical values on the configurable web dashboards.
Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy are used for very different purposes. Bluetooth can handle a lot of data, but consumes battery life quickly and costs a lot more. BLE is used for applications that do not need to exchange large amounts of data, and can therefore run on battery power for years at a cheaper cost. It all depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.